Hinkley Lighting

Hinkley

Sort Price:
Show:
  • Hinkley Lighting - Post Direct Burial 84 Inch Post

    Hinkley Lighting - Post Direct Burial 84 Inch Post

    139.0000
Sort Price:
Show:
Hinkley Lighting History

In1922, Phil R. Hinkley founded Phil R. Hinkley Lighting in Cleveland, Ohio. The company started by manufacturing outdoor lighting fixtures made of solid copper while their first catalog carried 14 products. 

During the 1930’s, Phil R. Hinkley sold half his interest to a salesman, Stanley Wiedemer. In 1937, Phil died and Stanley bought the remaining half and moved his family from Kansas to run the company.

In the 1940’s Stanley’s sons, Paul, Jack, and Jim became involved in the business.  After the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the three Hinkley boys enlisted to serve and the Hinkley plant was converted to manufacture airplane parts.  During the post war boom, Hinkley was well positioned for a new concept, tract housing.

In 1969, working closely with his father, Richard Weidemer Jr. joined the company. Later they moved the company to its current location on 12600 Berea Road and changed the name to Hinkley Lighting and expanded into Landscape lighting in 1987.

The 2000’s brought the fourth generations of Weidemers to work at the company. In 2007, Hinkley Lighting bought Fredrick Ramond, expanding its catalog and offering more modern and luxurious products.

Forgot your password?