October is not only a time when the NFL football season swings into full gear, but also National Energy Awareness Month. There are actually significant parallels between the two, as more and more NFL teams have taken important strides in energy conservation within their stadiums. In honor of this important month, we decided to combine these passions – Energy Conservation and the National Football League – into a helpful infographic. As you will see, the Philadelphia Eagles (
With the long-time rivalry of the Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Giants scheduled in the month of energy awareness, we decided it would be fun to point out how these two match up in energy efficiency and highlight other NFL teams who lead in energy-saving initiatives. Needless to say, the whole NFC East comes out on top, but really it’s the Eagles who shine green!
* Let the wind blow! Lincoln Financial Field is the only NFL stadium to invest in wind turbines turning the Linc into an energy producer.
* On the ground level, the battle of waste recycled has Philadelphia coming in with 99% versus the New York Giants at 33%.
* Most of the NFL stadiums are investing big bucks in solar power in recent years, but let’s point out that the Giants have 1,350 and Philadelphia has 11,108… almost 10x the amount… Score!
* San Francisco and New York have both spent billions on new stadium construction with only a portion on energy-efficient features. Philadelphia’s overall costs have been significantly lower despite $30M in energy-saving upgrades.
* Looking to charge your electric car? You might need to drive a little west… although Philadelphia has yet to implement this function, we still lead the league in almost ALL energy-efficient initiatives. Go Eagles!