- What information do we collect?
- When you visit our site, various types of your personal information is collected in two different ways.
- Information you enter yourself
- Some information you knowingly enter yourself, such as your name, contact information and payment information. You may enter this type of information in order to register for our site, one of our programs, or our mailing list.
- Information we collect
- Other information is collected on a cumulative basis as you browse our site. This type of browsing information is anonymously aggregated in order to evaluate use patterns so that we can improve our service to you, our customers.
- How we use this information
- The personal information you enter on your own and the use and traffic information we collect as your browse our site are generally used to operate and grow our business, provide service to our customers, offer new and exciting features to make our site more useful and to let our customers know about sales, changes to the site and more. We may use your information to process, track and record your purchase, offer you incentives through our membership program or contact you if there is a problem with your purchase.
- Who this information is shared with?
- We do not sell or rent your email address or other personal information to any third party entities. Your credit card information is shared only with your own credit card company, and only for the purpose of executing your order. Anonymous tracking information may be shared with third party organizations for the purpose of tracking and evaluating site traffic and improving our site and customer service.
- At Lamps.com, we take the security of your personal information very seriously. Therefore, whenever you enter sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number, we protect the process by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encryption process makes using your credit card online safe and secure.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small, anonymous bits of information that are collected as you browse our site. When visiting any website, that site will seek permission from your computer to store cookies on a designated area of your hard drive. If your browser settings permit cookies, each website can place cookies on your computer. To protect your privacy, websites can only access their own associated cookies, and not cookies associated with other websites.
Cookies let each site evaluate your browsing patterns and offer options and specials specific to you. Cookies also enable your shopping cart to be available solely to you, allow you to store wish lists and project lists and eliminate the need for excessive logins. When anonymously combined with the cookies of other shoppers, cookies allow us to constantly improve our site by determining which features are most popular and improving upon them.
Cookies do not collect any personal information about you, and your personal information that you provide on our site is typically not stored in our cookies.
- Email and Notifications
- When you communicate by email, we may retain both your email address and message, as well as our responses. We may also occasionally contact by email to notify you of site changes, sales, promotions and new features that you may like. You will always have the option to opt out of these email notifications.
- Product Reviews
- If you review a product on our site, this review may be posted on our site or associated social media sites in order to help other customers make informed purchase decisions. By completing a product review, you grant Lamps.com, Inc. and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such content in any form and at any location.